ARTICLES PUBLISHED (1996-, partial)
- K. Nakanishi, S.Morikane, S. Ichikawa, K. Kurohane, Y. Niwa, Y. Akimoto, S. Matsubara, H. Kawakami, H. Kobayashi, and Y. Imai: Protection of human colon cells from Shiga toxin by plant-based recombinant secretory IgA. Sci. Rep, 7, 45843, 2017 doi:10.1038/srep45843 [IF: 5.228]
- P. Chuenwarin, A. Shimazaki, M. Shimizu, Y. Kobayashi, M. Katsumata, and H. Kobayashi*: Nondestructive evaluation of photosynthesis by delayed luminescence in Arabidopsis in Petri dishes. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 80, 452-460, 2016 doi:10.1080/09168451.2015.1101332 [IF: 1.063]
- A. Ahmad, Y. Niwa, S. Goto, T. Ogawa, M. Shimizu, A. Suzuki, K. Kobayashi, and H. Kobayashi*: bHLH106 integrates functions of multiple genes through their G-Box to confer salt tolerance on Arabidopsis. PLOS ONE, 10, 2015. (pp. 1-22) doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0126872 [IF: 3.234]
- A. Ahmad, Y. Niwa, S. Goto, K. Kobayashi, M. Shimizu, S. Ito, Y. Usui, T. Nakayama, and H. Kobayashi*: Genome-wide screening of salt tolerant genes by activation-tagging using dedifferentiated calli of Arabidopsis and its application to finding gene for myo-inositol-1-P-synthase. PLOS ONE, 10, 2015. (pp. 1-22) doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0115502 [IF: 3.234]
- K. Nakanishi, S. Narimatsu, S. Ichikawa, Y. Tobisawa, K. Kurohane, Y. Niwa, H. Kobayashi, and Y. Imai: Production of hybrid-IgG/IgA plantibodies with neutralizing activity against Shiga toxin 1. PLOS ONE, 8 (11), e80712, 2013. (pp. 1-9) doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0080712 [IF: 3.234]
- Y. Niwa, S. Watanabe, T. Ogawa, H. Nagasaki, Ya. Nakamura, H. Nishimura, T. Hirayama, E. Kobayashi, Yo. Nakamura, and H. Kobayashi: Establishment of a tea custom array based on EST data obtained with next-generation sequencing. ICOS 2013, PR-P-34, 2013.
- S. Kumazawa, S. Kubota, H. Yamamoto, N. Okamura, Y. Sugiyama, H. Kobayashi, M. Nakanishi, and T. Ohta: Antiangiogenic activity of flavonoids from Melia azedarach. Nat. Prod. Commun., 8, 1719-1720, 2013. [IF: 0.906]
- S. Inui, T. Hosoya, Y. Shimamura, S. Masuda, T. Ogawa, H. Kobayashi, K. Shirafuji, R. T. Moli, O. Kozone, K. Shin-ya, and S. Kumazawa: Solophenols B-D and solomonin: New prenylated polyphenols isolated from propolis collected from the Solomon Islands and their antibacterial activity. J. Agric. Food Chem., 60, 11765-11770, 2012. [IF: 2.912]
- M. Hayashi-Tsugane, M. Maekawa, H. Kobayashi, S. Iida, and K. Tsugane: Examination of transpositional activity of nDart1 at different stages of rice development. Genes Genet. Syst., 86, 215-219, 2011. [IF: 0.930]
- M. Hayashi-Tsugane, M. Maekawa, Q. Qian, H. Kobayashi, S. Iida, and K. Tsugane: A rice mutant displaying a heterochronically elongated internode carries a 100 kb deletion. J. Genet. Genomics., 38, 123-128, 2011. [IF: 3.585]
- M. Shimizu, K. Kawai, K. Kaku, T. Shimizu, and H. Kobayashi*: Application of mutated acetolactate synthase genes for herbicide resistance to plant improvement. In "Herbicides, Theory and Applications" (S. Soloneski, and M. L. Larramendy, eds.), InTech, pp. 193-212, 2011.
- S. Watanabe, T. Ogawa, E. Kobayashi, Y. Nakamura, T. Kobayashi, and H. Kobayashi*: Polyphenol biofortification of tea leaves by exposure to ozone. ICOS 2010, PR-P-84, 2010.
- T. Ogawa, S. Watanabe, E. Kobayashi, Y. Nakamura, and H. Kobayashi*: Mechanism of accumulation of taste constituents in tea leaves by light shading. ICOS 2010, PR-P-33, 2010.
- T. Ogawa, E. Kobayashi, Y. Nakamura, and H. Kobayashi*: Polyphenol biofortification of tea leaves by exposure to light-emitting diode (LED). ICOS 2010, PR-P-31, 2010.
- M. Shimizu, H. Kato, T. Ogawa, A. Kurachi, Y. Nakagawa, and H. Kobayashi*: Sigma factor phosphorylation in the photosynthetic control of photosystem stoichiometry. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 107, 10760-10764, 2010. [IF: 9.674/Times Cited: 45]
This work has been chosen as one of "Research Highlights" in Nature Chemical Biology [IF: 12.996] (6, 480, 2010).
- K. Kawai, K. Kaku, N. Izawa, M. Shimizu, H. Kobayashi, and T. Shimizu: Transformation of Arabidopsis by mutated acetolactate synthase genes from rice and Arabidopsis that confer specific resistance to pyrimidinylcarboxylate-type ALS inhibitors. Plant Biotech., 27, 75-84, 2010. [IF: 0.874]
- H. Sakakibara, T. Ogawa, A. Koyanagi, S. Kobayashi, T. Goda, S. Kumazawa, H. Kobayashi, and K. Shimoi: Distribution and excretion of bilberry anthocyanines in mice. J. Agric. Food Chem., 57, 7681-7686, 2009. [IF: 2.912]
- A. Ahmad, I. Kaji, Y. Murakami, N. Funato, T. Ogawa, M. Shimizu, Y. Niwa, and H. Kobayashi*: Transformation of Arabidopsis with plant-derived DNA sequences necessary for selecting transformants and driving an objective gene. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 73, 936-938, 2009. [IF: 1.063]
- M. Shimizu, M. Goto, M. Hanai, T. Shimizu, N. Izawa, H. Kanamoto, K.-I. Tomizawa, A. Yokota, and H. Kobayashi*: Selectable tolerance to herbicides by mutated acetolactate synthase genes integrated into the chloroplast genome of tobacco. Plant Physiol., 147, 1976-1983, 2008. [IF: 6.841]
Supplement: Role of sustainable marker in transplastomic lines.
- K. Kawai, K. Kaku, N. Izawa, M. Shimizu, H. Kobayashi, and T. Shimizu: Herbicide sensitivities of mutated enzymes expressed from artificially generated genes of acetolactate synthase. J. Pestic. Sci., 33, 128-137, 2008. [IF: 0.722]
- H. Kobayashi: Molecular farming with cultured cells. In "Grace of Nature: Yakushoku-Dogen" (Secretariat of Shizuoka Forum, ed.), Shizuoka Research Institute Shizuoka Prefectural Government, Shizuoka, pp. 92-100, 2007.
- T. Iwaki, K. Haranoh, N. Inoue, K. Kojima, R. Satoh, T. Nishino, S. Wada, H. Ihara, S. Tsuyama, H. Kobayashi, and A. Wadano: Expression of foreign type I ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/ oxygenase (EC 22.214.171.124) stimulates photosynthesis in cyanobacterium Synechococcus PCC7942 cells. Photosynth Res., 88, 287-297, 2006. [IF: 3.502]
- Y. Niwa, S. Goto, T. Nakano, M. Sakaiya, T. Hirano, H. Tsukaya, Y. Komeda, and H. Kobayashi*: Arabidopsis mutants by activation tagging in which photosynthesis genes are expressed in dedifferentiated calli. Plant Cell Physiol., 47, 319-331, 2006. [IF: 4.931]
- H. Kobayashi: Cooperation between mucosal immunology and plant biotechnology: Genetic modification of plants. In "Health & Longevity in Science & Culture" (Secretariat of Shizuoka Forum, ed.), Shizuoka Research Institute Shizuoka Prefectural Government, Shizuoka, pp. 92-99, 2006.
- M. L. Carter, A. C. Smith, H. Kobayashi, S. Purton, and D. L. Herrin: Structure, circadian regulation and bioinformatic analysis of the unique sigma factor gene in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Photosynthesis Res., 82, 339-349, 2004. [IF: 3.502]
- H. Kobayashi, H. Kato, and M. Shimizu: Symbiotic aspects of participation of multiple sigma factors in functional chloroplasts. In "Endosymbiosis and Eukaryotic Organells" (Sugiura, M., Oelmuller, R., and Obokata, J., eds.), Finkdruck Apolda, Apolda, pp. 235-245, 2004.
- K. Yoshimoto, M. Sakaiya, K. Isono, and H. Kobayashi*: Comparison of strength of endogenous and exogenous gene promoters in Arabidopsis chloroplasts. Plant Biotech., 18, 135-142, 2001. [IF: 0.874]
- K. Isono, K. Satoh, and H. Kobayashi*: Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding a novel Ca2+ dependent nuclease of Arabidopsis is that is similar to staphylococcal nuclease. Biochim. Biophys. Acta (Gene Structure and Expression), 1491, 267-272, 2000. [IF: 1.704]
- K. Uemura, N. Shibata, Anwaruzzaman, M. Fujiwara, T. Higuchi, H. Kobayashi, Y. Kai, and A. Yokota.: A role of structural intersubunit microheterogeneity in regulation of activity in hysteresis of ribulose 1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase. J. Biochem., 128, 591-599, 2000. [IF: 2.582]
- K. Isono, H. Yamamoto, K. Satoh, and H. Kobayashi*: An Arabidopsis cDNA encoding a DNA-binding protein that is highly similar to the DEAH family of RNA/DNA helicase genes. Nucleic Acids Res., 27, 3728-3735, 1999. [IF: 9.112]
- Y. Narusaka, M. Narusaka, K. Satoh, and H. Kobayashi*: In vitro random mutagenesis of the D1 protein of the photosystem II reaction center confers photo-tolerance on the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803. J. Biol. Chem., 274, 23270-23275, 1999. [IF: 4.573]
- K. Tsugane, K. Kobayashi, Y. Niwa, Y. Ohba, K. Wada, and H. Kobayashi*: A recessive Arabidopsis mutant that grows photoautotrophically under salt stress shows enhanced active oxygen detoxification. Plant Cell, 11, 1195-1206, 1999. [IF: 9.338/Times Cited: 144]
- Y. Niwa, T. Hirano, K. Yoshimoto, M. Shimizu, and H. Kobayashi: Non-invasive quantitative detection and applications of nontoxic-, S65T-type green fluorescent protein in living plants. Plant J., 18, 455-463, 1999. [IF: 5.972/Times Cited: 276]
- Y. Mikami, G. Horiike, M. Kuroyanagi, H. Noguchi, M. Shimizu, Y. Niwa, and H. Kobayashi*: Gene for a protein capable of enhancing lateral root formation. FEBS Letters, 451, 45-50,1999. [IF: 3.169]
- Y. Narusaka, M. Narusaka, H. Kobayashi, and K. Satoh: The herbicide-resistant species of the cyanobacterial D1 protein obtained by through and random in vitro mutagenesis. Plant Cell Physiol., 39, 620-626, 1998. [IF: 4.931]
- K. Isono, M. Shimizu, K. Yoshimoto, Y. Niwa, K. Satoh, A. Yokota, and H. Kobayashi*: Leaf specifically expressed genes for polypeptides destined for chloroplasts with domains of sigma70 factors
of bacterial RNA polymerases in Arabidopsis thaliana. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 94, 14948-14953, 1997. [IF: 9.674/Times Cited: 113]
- Y. Niwa, K. Goto, M. Shimizu, and H. Kobayashi: Chromosome mapping of genes in the RBCS family in Arabidopsis thaliana. DNA Res., 4, 341-343, 1997. [IF: 5.477]
- K. Isono, Y. Niwa, K. Satoh, and H. Kobayashi*: Evidence for transcriptional regulation of
plastid photosynthesis genes in Arabidopsis thaliana roots. Plant Physiol., 114, 623-630, 1997. [IF: 6.841]
- Y. Narusaka, A. Murakami, M. Saeki, H. Kobayashi, and K. Satoh: Preliminary characterization
of a photo-tolerant mutant of Synechocystis sp. PCC6803 obtained by in vitro random mutagenesis of psbA2. Plant Sci., 115, 261-266, 1996. [IF: 3.607]
- W. Chiu, Y. Niwa, W. Zeng, T. Hirano, H. Kobayashi, and J. Sheen: Engineered GFP as a vital reporter in plants. Curr. Biol., 6, 325-330, 1996. [IF: 9.571/Times Cited: 961]
JAPANESE ARTICLES PUBLISHED (1996- )
April 28, 2017, updated Hirokazu Kobayashi